You could get into trouble if you ride a bike without third-party bike insurance. To begin with, you are responsible for covering any damages out of your pocket if there is a mishap. You would also incur significant fines if riding an uninsured two-wheeler. And more importantly, having insurance can let you have some peace of mind about having to deal with any potential mishaps involving the vehicle. You can tailor your two-wheeler insurance policy to meet your needs, which is one of the main advantages.*
Make sure you renew two-wheeler insurance online on time to get uninterrupted coverage.
Engine Protection: What Is It?
A bike or scooter’s engine is its beating heart, so it must be safeguarded. Given the frequent waterlogging and flooding during the rainy season, there is a high risk of engine damage when it comes to bikes. Additionally, your engine may sustain significant damage in an accident, causing internal and external damage that might require repairs. Therefore, it makes sense to have an engine protection cover. Your engine will always have the appropriate protection, thanks to the cover.* Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.
- Any engine damage brought on by water entering the engine, whether from a flood or waterlogging.
- Engine with water damage that won’t start.
- Any harm to the engine or any components brought on by lubricating oil leaks.
- Any physical harm the engine or its components sustain in an accident.
Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the two-wheeler insurance policy.
- Losses or damages incurred by the insured bike if used in illegal racing.
- Losses or damages incurred to the insured bike due to unauthorised use.
- Such claims will be denied if you begin working on the bike before notifying the insurance company.
- Claims for losses or damages from normal wear and tear will be denied.
- Any corrosion of the engine caused by a delay in notifying the two-wheeler insurance company, as well as any loss or damage to the engine or gearbox.
- Any loss or damage to the bike that results from drunk riding.
- The engine was replaced.
- If removing a bike from a soggy or flooded area takes longer than expected, engine parts may need to be repaired or replaced.
- The price of lubricants if lubricant leakage causes damage.
- Any claims submitted after the insurance company’s designated deadline.
You can always utilise a two-wheeler insurance premium calculator to gain more insight into the appropriate level of coverage needed.
Engine Protection Cover Benefits
The advantages of choosing an engine protection cover include the following:
- Comprehensive Engine Cover
The engine protection rider covers the entire engine. Overstating the importance of an engine to the bike’s smooth operation is impossible.*
- Financial Gains
The bike’s expensive heart and engine cost a lot of money. Any harm to the engine or any of its parts could cost you money. But if you have an engine protection cover, you can get them fixed without worrying about the cost. *
- Cost Effective
You can easily add an engine protection add-on to your comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy as it is an add-on cover. You may notify your insurance company of its need and pay a small premium.* ##
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.